How 1 to 10 Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts How 1 to 10
Alzheimer's Disease Parkinson's Disease Health A to Z How 1 to 10
10 BALANCED BREAKFASTS
An ideal, nutritious breakfast contains a balance of complex carbohydrates and protein. Think grains, plus dairy, plus fruits. Examples of balanced breakfasts are:
- granola cereal, yogurt, a sliced apple
- scrambled eggs, toast, orange juice
- veggie omelet, bran muffin, fruit with yogurt
- whole-grain pancakes or waffles topped with berries and/or yogurt, milk
- whole-wheat zucchini pancakes topped with fruit, milk
- french toast topped with fruit, orange juice or milk
- low-fat cheese melted on toast with a piece of fruit
- low-fat cream cheese on a whole-grain bagel, orange juice
- peanut butter and banana slices on an english muffin, milk
- For a breakfast-on-the-run smoothie, see "School-Ade."
Of course, it's what you eat not what you say that impresses a child most. By treating yourself to a healthy breakfast, you model to your children that eating a healthy breakfast gives the whole family a smart nutritional start.
How 1 to 10 Schizophrenia Mnemonics Study Tips Brain Facts How 1 to 10